Apple Business Manager is a web-based portal that helps organizations of all sizes streamline the deployment of Apple devices and apps. What is and How to Use Apple Business Manager?
With Apple Business Manager, businesses can purchase and distribute apps and books, as well as iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS devices, in a streamlined and secure manner.
So, what exactly can you do with Apple Business Manager? Here are just a few key features:
- Enroll your organization in the Apple Developer Program: With Apple Business Manager, you can enroll in the Apple Developer Program as an organization rather than as an individual. This is especially helpful for businesses that want to develop and distribute their own apps.
- Purchase and distribute apps and books: Apple Business Manager makes it easy for businesses to purchase and distribute apps and books to their employees. This includes both custom B2B apps and apps from the App Store.
- Manage iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS devices: Apple Business Manager allows you to easily purchase, distribute, and manage iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS devices for your organization. This includes the ability to set up and configure devices, as well as push updates and monitor their usage.
- Integrate with mobile device management (MDM) solutions: Apple Business Manager integrates with a variety of MDM solutions, such as Jamf Pro and VMware Workspace ONE. This allows businesses to easily manage and secure their Apple devices.
What is and How to Use Apple Business Manager? Here are the steps:
- Go to https://business.apple.com and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one for free.
- Follow the prompts to enroll your organization in the Apple Developer Program. You will need to provide information about your business, such as your legal name, address, and D-U-N-S number (a unique nine-digit identification number assigned to each business by Dun & Bradstreet).
- Once your organization is enrolled, you can begin adding users and devices to your account. To do this, click on the “Users and Roles” tab and then click on the “Add Users” button. You can invite users via email or upload a CSV file with a list of users.
- To purchase and distribute apps and books, click on the “Apps and Books” tab and then select the app or book you want to purchase. You can either purchase it for a specific user or group of users, or you can make it available to all users in your organization.
- To manage iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS devices, click on the “Devices” tab and then select the type of device you want to manage. From here, you can purchase devices, assign them to users, and set up and configure them.
- To integrate with an MDM solution, click on the “MDM Solutions” tab and then select the MDM solution you want to use. Follow the prompts to set up the integration.
Apple Business Manager is a powerful tool that can help businesses streamline the deployment and management of Apple devices and apps. By following the steps outlined above, you can get started with Apple Business Manager and start taking advantage of all it has to offer.